Nautitech 46 Fly Sailing ‘Sea Spirit II’
This is the most recent and luxurious catamaran currently operating in Mauritius and it is usually used by our VIP clients for either day charters or liveaboard charters around Mauritus. Sea Spirit II our Nautitech 46 Fly catamaran was built in 2019 in Rochefort in France and arrived in Mauritus in April 2020. This vessel is also now available for expedition charters to Saint Brandon. The boat is like a top class hotel, offering all the possible facilities and features one would dream of having in a luxury yacht.
The fly bridge & Cockpit
The centrepiece of the design is the flybridge, a feature that’s becoming ever more popular on cruising catamarans. The flybridge is incorporated into the prominent coachroof, the forward part of which has an eyebrow over the generous saloon windows while the aft section provides seating topside and a hardtop bimini over the wide-open cockpit, offering ample shade and covering. It gives the catamaran a streamlined appearance.
The flybridge is accessed through a five-step staircase. The wheel is offset slightly to port. The helmsman’s seat has a movable backrest that can be flipped one way or the other when underway or at anchor. There’s another raised backrest on a U-shaped settee bordering the flybridge that can be lifted like a chaise lounge. All in all, there must be comfortable seating for upward of 20 people.
Most lines are led to the helm station, with 3 Lewmar electrical winches and accompanying Spinlock clutches. Unusually, the genoa sheets are not led to the wheel but to a set of primary winches on either side of the cockpit, which would make singlehanding difficult.
In the saloon itself, to starboard, there’s a standing navigation table. The U-shaped galley looks out to the cockpit and is also to starbaord, with plenty of counter space and a pair of sinks. A well-executed L-shaped settee and dining area convertible to a lounge bed are to port side. Plenty of natural light pours in through the wraparound coachroof windows.
The front deck
The bow of the catamaran has a front deck lounge, with a bar storage area and cushion inserts for yet another place to chill and relax. The forward trampolines are ideal to lay on and soak in the tropical sun or simply for stargazing at night.
The vessel has a sail plan of 108 m2 with a 69 m2 mainsail and a 39 m2 jib on its own furler.
The boat also has a 7 kw Onan generator, a 100 liter/hour water maker, a 2 kw inverter, 3 * 150W solar panel, a microwave, 2 freezer and 3 fridges, air conditioning in all 4 cabins, fans and electric winches + 3.2m dinghy with a 20 HP.
In order to bring into life almost all fantasies about exotic gastronomy, the catamaran is equipped with top notch equipment such as: 4 burner gas cooker, double-side sink, 3 refrigerators, 2 freezers, and oven, a microwave oven, and other kitchen Household appliances. You will get to enjoy the delicious food while sitting by a perfect dinning table, placing 8 people together in maximum comfort.
Luxurious Accommodation below
When you first enter any of the cabins, you will notice the harmony alliance of space and light. The light walnut interior woodwork around the catamaran gives it a feeling of comfort and coziness.
The 4 luxury cabins below deck are very spacious and comfortable with ensuite heads, under-bed drawer and several lockers and shelves for storage, air conditioning and fans and huge tinted perspex hull windows that allow lots of light into the cabins. The catamaran is also fitted with luxury high density foam mattresses reading lights.
The catamaran can accommodate maximum of 8 people, sharing 4 double cabins. Due to removable partition, beds can be easily modified from one big double bed to two twins beds. All cabins have en-suite heads with separate shower cabins, sink with mixing tap, cabinet for storage and manual pump toilets.
In a nut shell – Honestly it would be impossible to
find in Mauritius any better boat for having this great 11-days cruise expedition!
Technical details and equipment
- Catamaran measurements: Length 13.71.m , Width 7.54m
- Engine 2 x 50HP Volvo Penta – engine Capacity 2 X 300 L
- Water Capacity 2 X 300 L
- Air Conditioning and fans in all cabins
- 1 Generator (7 Kw/220w)
- Solar Panels 3 X 150 Kw roof extension
- Watermaker 100L/H
- 3 Refrigerators
- 2 Freezers
- 2 Kw Inverter
- Navigation B&G + Satellite Phone
- Fusion marin Audio Appolo 770, with 4 Outside speakers, 2 Inside speakers
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Luxury high density foam mattress
- Microwave oven 220v
- 4 Double Cabins with ensuite heads
- 1 3.4 M dinghy (Hypalon) with 20 HP honda outboard engine
- 10 complete sets of snorkelling equipment
- Flybridge with sundeck
- Safety equipment EPIRB, SART, NAVTEX, VHF radio & AIS.
- 12- pax life raft cat A with security pax for 12 crew
Included in this 10 night – 11days Cruise Package
- Return transfer from hotel/airport – boat – to hotel/airport
- Full Board stay consisting of 3 meals a day (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- 11 days cruise experience
- Overnight stay in a comfortable en-suite cabins, each with comfortable king size beds
- 7 full days on the atoll to enjoy fishing (weather permitting)
- Passenger’s insurance
- Skiffs equipped with 2 *15 HP outboard engines and 75 litres of petrol
- Selection of drinks, such as beer, variety of soft drinks & water
- OIDC Permits
Not Included in the Package
- International flights to Mauritius
- Fishing gear and lures
- Meals and accommodation in Mauritius before and after the cruise
- Spirits, wine, items of a personal nature
- Gratuities for guides and boat staff
- Personal travel & medical insurance (Global Rescue Insurance @ USD 159)
- 16h00 – Embarkation of clients from jetty followed by captain’s briefing on security & safety on board and explain the itinerary
- 17h30 – Leave Caudan and sail off to St Brandon, 430 km North East of Mauritius for 36 hrs navigation
- Dinner is served
- Sailing continues towards the Cargados Carajos shoals
- Day on board Sea Spirit II sailing
- Trolling & fishing during the day passing Soudan BanK
- Meals are served depending on sea condition
- Around 05h30/06h00 arrive in St Brandon
- Breakfast is served
- Clients are free to either relax and enjoy a calm sleep after the long sail or decide to get off board, swim or sun tan on the beach or go fishing
During these days clients will have the possibility to:
- Spend their time fishing leisurely (for fishermen)
- Possibilities once there: visit some of the islets around, “hunt” for lobsters, go fishing, look for sea urchin, snorkel &swim, of course under the supervision and guidance of our crew & skipper.
- Departure from St Brandon in the afternoon at about 16h00.
- Whole day sailing and fishing along the way back in the open sea
(Estimated day of return if weather is not bad)
- 04h00/04h30 Reach Mauritius in the morning
Rules & regulations while on board Sea Spirit II:
1. Once clients are on board, they will get a briefing on the safety & security measures on board. Everyone should make sure they know where everything is; life jackets, liferaft, fire extinguishers, first aid kit, etc…
2. Life jackets should be worn whenever people are moving around the catamaran to ensure their own safety and as a precautionary measure.
3. It is compulsory for clients to follow the advices and instructions of the captain who is the sole decision maker on board.
4. It is of utmost importance to query with the captain prior to jumping into the sea. He will know better the region to advise whether it is safe to swim and snorkel, in one particular area or not as the waters around the islands of St Brandon are infested with sharks.
5. Clients are allowed to bring their own alcoholic drinks on board, however it is highly recommended not to drink prior to swimming or diving.
6. In case of bad weather conditions, the captain reserves the right to return back to Mauritius for the safety of clients.
7. Wrong attitude and misbehaviour will not be tolerated on board.
8. In case clients are misbehaving on board, the captain reserves the right to contact the nearest authorities concerned for the safety & security of its crew and passengers.
9. Should clients decide to interrupt the cruise once the catamaran has set sail, there will be no refund in regards to the missed trips. (E.g. of due to sea sickness).
10. All departures for St Brandon, are done from Port Louis Caudan Waterfront so that the National Coast Guard can ensure that all requirements are met.
11. Red wine is not authorized on board, as it stains.
12. Clients should be prepared and able to support long distance travel and bring their own medications against sea sickness.
13. Pregnant women, people following a specific treatment and child of less than 10 yrs old are not allowed to participate in this trip.
14. Children are on the sole responsibility of parents on board.
Documents & fee:
1. Each passenger has to pay a permit fee to be able to travel to St Brandon. This is included in the package price.
2. For the company to launch the procedures for the cruising/trip to St Brandon, it is compulsory that we receive a copy of the passports of everyone travelling aboard Sea Spirit II at least 2 months in advance.
3. It is mandatory that each client has their passport on boarding day as this will be controlled by the authorities concerned prior to leaving Mauritius.
Anglers should bring their own Tackle & flies equipment.. We recommend taking your own fishing equipment for fly fishing, casting and jigging.
The best fishing season at St. Brandon is September to December and April to June.
Temperatures range between 25C – 30C. Wind averages 15knots.
Medical & Health Requirements:
Mandatory emergency medical evacuation insurance to be subscribed with Global Rescue.
Satellite Phone & Communications:
St Brandon islands have no mobile network; however the Catamaran is equipped with a satellite phone available 24/7 which can be used by guests at an additional cost.
Caring for the Environment:
We take care of the ocean by keeping a strict waste policy: nothing is thrown in the water, all our waste returns back to the shore, where it is properly being disposed. Additionally, the boat is cleaned with non-caustic detergents to keep the coral reef alive. The catamaran is also equipped with solar panels, to keep the carbon footprint minimal. The catamaran is specially designed for providing a high standard of comfort and at the same time to be environment friendly.
For safety reasons, consumption of alcohol is prohibited during sailing (Mauritius-St Brandon, St Brandon-Mauritius); otherwise this will be considered the responsibility of the guest. Alcohol such as beers are available during the cruise. Should you would like to bring your own favorite beverages, you can do so and there is no corkage fee.
Bed Linen and Towels Change:
The cabins will be cleaned once a day and the bed linen will be replaced half way through the journey, towels are also available on-board and will be changed upon request.
We recommend spending 1 night in Mauritius for adaptation before the beginning of the trip to St. Brandon on-board the Luxury Catamaran.
For non Mauritians, it is required to provide a copy of their passport at least 2 months days in advance prior the trip, providing enough time to issue all permits required for the St. Brandon trip
Since the lagoon of St. Brandon is home to stingrays and cone shells, it is very important to bring with you proper sea/water footwear.