Luxurious Accommodation below
When you first enter any of the cabins, you will notice the harmony alliance of space and light. The white oak joinery interior woodwork and its elm flooring around the catamaran gives it a feeling of comfort and coziness.
The 4 comfortable cabins below deck are spacious and comfortable with shared bathrooms, under-bed drawer and lockers and shelves for storage, air conditioning and fans and huge tinted perspex hull windows that allow lots of light into the cabins.
The catamaran can accommodate maximum of 8 people, sharing 4 double cabins. Due to removable partition, beds can be easily modified from one big double bed to two twins beds. The bathrooms in each hull are spacious and boast a shower, sink with mixing tap and manual pump toilets.
- Catamaran measurements: Length 11.98m , Width 6.91m
- Engine 2 x 40HP Volvo Penta – Diesel Tank Capacity 2 X 220 L
- Water Capacity 2 X 220 L
- Air Conditioning and fans in all cabins
- 1 Generator (7 Kw/220w)
- Solar Panels 3 X 150 Kw on Davits
- Watermaker 60L/H
- 1 Refrigerator in Galley + 1 Cockpit fridge
- 1 Freezer
- 2 Kw Inverter
- Navigation B&G + Satellite Phone
- Fusion marin Audio System, with 2 Outside speakers, 2 Inside speakers
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Seperators in Cabins
- 2 Helm Stations
- 4 Double Cabins with 2 sharing heads
- 3.1M dinghy (Hypalon) with 10 HP Honda outboard engine
- 10 complete sets of snorkelling equipment
- 1 inflatable Stand up paddle
- Safety equipment includes EPIRB, SART, NAVTEX, VHF radio & AIS.
- 10- pax life raft cat A with security pax for 10 crew
Included in this 10 night – 11days Cruise Package
- Return transfer from hotel/airport – boat – to hotel/airport
- Full Board stay consisting of 3 meals a day (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- 11 days cruise experience
- Overnight stay in a comfortable en-suite cabins, each with comfortable king size beds
- 7 full days on the atoll to enjoy fishing (weather permitting)
- Passenger’s insurance
- Skiffs equipped with 2 *15 HP outboard engines and 75 litres of petrol
- Selection of drinks, such as beer, variety of soft drinks & water
- OIDC Permits
Not Included in the Package
- International flights to Mauritius
- Fishing gear and lures
- Meals and accommodation in Mauritius before and after the cruise
- Spirits, wine, items of a personal nature
- Gratuities for guides and boat staff
- Personal travel & medical insurance (Global Rescue Insurance @ USD 159)
Rules & regulations while on board Sea Spirit II:
1. Once clients are on board, they will get a briefing on the safety & security measures on board. Everyone should make sure they know where everything is; life jackets, liferaft, fire extinguishers, first aid kit, etc…
2. Life jackets should be worn whenever people are moving around the catamaran to ensure their own safety and as a precautionary measure.
3. It is compulsory for clients to follow the advices and instructions of the captain who is the sole decision maker on board.
4. It is of utmost importance to query with the captain prior to jumping into the sea. He will know better the region to advise whether it is safe to swim and snorkel, in one particular area or not as the waters around the islands of St Brandon are infested with sharks.
5. Clients are allowed to bring their own alcoholic drinks on board, however it is highly recommended not to drink prior to swimming or diving.
6. In case of bad weather conditions, the captain reserves the right to return back to Mauritius for the safety of clients.
7. Wrong attitude and misbehaviour will not be tolerated on board.
8. In case clients are misbehaving on board, the captain reserves the right to contact the nearest authorities concerned for the safety & security of its crew and passengers.
9. Should clients decide to interrupt the cruise once the catamaran has set sail, there will be no refund in regards to the missed trips. (E.g. of due to sea sickness).
10. All departures for St Brandon, are done from Port Louis Caudan Waterfront so that the National Coast Guard can ensure that all requirements are met.
11. Red wine is not authorized on board, as it stains.
12. Clients should be prepared and able to support long distance travel and bring their own medications against sea sickness.
13. Pregnant women, people following a specific treatment and child of less than 10 yrs old are not allowed to participate in this trip.
14. Children are on the sole responsibility of parents on board.
Documents & fee:
1. Each passenger has to pay a permit fee to be able to travel to St Brandon. This is included in the package price.
2. For the company to launch the procedures for the cruising/trip to St Brandon, it is compulsory that we receive a copy of the passports of everyone travelling aboard Sea Spirit II at least 2 months in advance.
3. It is mandatory that each client has their passport on boarding day as this will be controlled by the authorities concerned prior to leaving Mauritius.
Anglers should bring their own Tackle & flies equipment.. We recommend taking your own fishing equipment for fly fishing, casting and jigging.
The best fishing season at St. Brandon is September to December and April to June.
Temperatures range between 25C – 30C. Wind averages 15knots.
Medical & Health Requirements:
Mandatory emergency medical evacuation insurance to be subscribed with Global Rescue.
Satellite Phone & Communications:
St Brandon islands have no mobile network; however the Catamaran is equipped with a satellite phone available 24/7 which can be used by guests at an additional cost.
Caring for the Environment:
We take care of the ocean by keeping a strict waste policy: nothing is thrown in the water, all our waste returns back to the shore, where it is properly being disposed. Additionally, the boat is cleaned with non-caustic detergents to keep the coral reef alive. The catamaran is also equipped with solar panels, to keep the carbon footprint minimal. The catamaran is specially designed for providing a high standard of comfort and at the same time to be environment friendly.
For safety reasons, consumption of alcohol is prohibited during sailing (Mauritius-St Brandon, St Brandon-Mauritius); otherwise this will be considered the responsibility of the guest. Alcohol such as beers are available during the cruise. Should you would like to bring your own favorite beverages, you can do so and there is no corkage fee.
Bed Linen and Towels Change:
The cabins will be cleaned once a day and the bed linen will be replaced half way through the journey, towels are also available on-board and will be changed upon request.
We recommend spending 1 night in Mauritius for adaptation before the beginning of the trip to St. Brandon on-board the Luxury Catamaran.
For non Mauritians, it is required to provide a copy of their passport at least 2 months days in advance prior the trip, providing enough time to issue all permits required for the St. Brandon trip
Since the lagoon of St. Brandon is home to stingrays and cone shells, it is very important to bring with you proper sea/water footwear.