The Luxury Catamaran is equipped with all the extras like air-conditioners, water tanks, water cooler, ice maker, TV, DVD with excellent variety of films and music for any taste, 4 comfortable cabins, each set with bathroom, completely equipped kitchen and basically all that you can think of, making sure you have an enjoyable cruise experience and an unforgettable trip to St Brandon.
In order to bring into life almost all fantasies about exotic gastronomy, the catamaran is equipped with top notch equipment such as: 4 burner gas cooker, double-side sink, 4 refrigerators, 2 freezers, oven, microwave oven, bread baker and other kitchen Household appliances. You will get to enjoy the delicious food while sitting by a perfect dinning table, placing 8 people together in maximum comfort.
The upper deck is an ideal place for spending the day enjoying the great views all around, for sunbathing and for having good discussions. On the edge of the catamaran you will find a table, minibars and spacious hammocks.
All this and many more great facilities are available on-board for guaranteeing top luxurious cruise experience and for your maximum comfort, fun and entertainment.
Luxury Accommodation On-board
When you first enter any of the cabins, you will notice the harmony alliance of space and light. The catamaran interior is decorated by luxurious light wood. Brand porthole,placed all around the perimeter, creates the feeling of lightness. For both ventilation and light, there are 4 huge hatch located on the roof.
For the best comfort and relaxation, there is a king-size L-shape sofa, a lounge area and also a TV area with a LCD television as well as stereo system for you to watch movies and enjoy your favorite music playing throughout the day.
The catamaran can accommodate maximum of 8 people, sharing 4 double cabins. All cabins are very spacious with separate toilets and showers. Each cabin is fully air conditioned and equipped with LCD TV, DVD and audio system. Due to removable partition, beds can be easily modified from one big double beds to two twins beds. All cabins have en-suite shower room and toilets. The cabins also have a huge illuminator that enables you to enjoy gorgeous sea view as well as enables the natural light to come inside.
- Catamaran measurements: Length 16.54m , Width 8.52m
- Engine 2 x 75 HP – engine Capacity 1000 L
- Water Capacity 1000 L
- Air Condition System
- 2 Power Generators (12W/220W)
- 2 Solar Batteries
- Watermaker 200L/H and Ice Maker
- 4 Refrigerators
- 2 Diving compressors
- 2 Freezers
- Navigation Raymarine Satellite Phone
- JVC Sound system (160W) with 4 Outside speakers, 2 Inside speakers
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Washing machine
- Dishwashing machine
- 4 Double Cabins, each with Air-condition, TV, DVD, Sound syatem and Shower room
- 6 Diving cylinders
- 10 complete sets of snorkeling equipment
- Safety equipment EPIRB
- ZODIAC – inflatable central consol boat with 40 power suspended engine
Included in this 10-days Cruise Package
- Return transfer from hotel/airport – boat – to hotel/airport
- Full Board stay consisting of 3 meals a day (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- 10 days cruise experience
- Overnight stay in a comfortable en-suite cabins, each with comfortable king size beds
- Six and half days of fishing (weather permitting)
- Fishing licenses, fishing equipment for trolling and bates
- Passenger’s insurance
- Selection of drinks, such as beer, variety of soft drinks & water
Not Included in the Package
- Permit fees for foreigners (application minimum 35 days before the trip) – 5000 Rs per person
- International flights to Mauritius
- 17ft mono-hulls with 2 x 15 HP 2-Stroke Yamaha engines – available locally for an additional charge
- Meals and accommodation in Mauritius before and after the cruise
- Spirits, wine, items of a personal nature
- Gratuities for guides and boat staff
- Personal travel & medical insurance
Rules & regulations while on board Sadko:
1. Once clients are on board, they will get a briefing on the safety & security measures on board. Everyone should make sure they know where everything is; life jackets, dinghy, fire extinguisher, first aid kit, etc…
2. Life jackets should be worn whenever people are moving around the catamaran to ensure their own safety and as a precautionary measure.
3. It is compulsory for clients to follow the advices and instructions of the captain who is the sole decision maker on board.
4. It is of utmost importance to query with the captain prior to jumping into the sea. He will know better the region to advise whether it is safe to swim and snorkel, in one particular area or not as the waters around the islands of St Brandon are infested with sharks.
5. Clients are allowed to bring their own alcoholic drinks on board, however it is highly recommended not to drink prior to swimming or diving.
6. In case of bad weather conditions, the captain reserves the right to return back to Mauritius for the safety of clients.
7. Wrong attitude and misbehaviour will not be tolerated on board.
8. In case clients are misbehaving on board, the captain reserves the right to contact the nearest authorities concerned for the safety & security of its crew and passengers.
9. Should clients decide to interrupt the cruise once the catamaran has set sail, there will be no refund in regards to the missed trips. (E.g. of due to sea sickness).
10. All departures for St Brandon, Agalega, Soudan Bank are done from Port Louis Caudan Waterfront so that the National Coast Guard can ensure that all requirements are met.
11. Red wine is not authorized on board, as it stains.
12. Clients should be prepared and able to support long distance travel and bring their own medications against sea sickness.
13. Pregnant women, people following a specific treatment and child of less than 10 yrs old are not allowed to participate in this trip.
14. Children are on the sole responsibility of parents on board.
Documents & fee:
1. Each passenger has to pay a permit fee to be able to travel to St Brandon & Agalega. This is included in the price.
2. For Harmony Travel to launch the procedures for the cruising/trip to St Brandon or Agalega, it is compulsory that we receive a copy of the passports of everyone travelling aboard Sadko at least 2 months in advance.
3. It is mandatory that each client has their passport on boarding day as this will be controlled by the authorities concerned prior to leaving Mauritius.
Tackle & flies equipment is available on-board. We recommend taking your own fishing equipment for fly fishing, casting and jigging.
The best fishing season at St. Brandon is September to December and April to June.
Temperatures range between 25°C – 30°C. Wind averages 15knots.
Medical & Health Requirements:
Mandatory emergency medical evacuation insurance. A Yellow Fever certificate is required if travelling from a Yellow Fever infected area.
Satellite Phone & Communications:
St Brandon islands have no mobile network; however the Catamaran is equipped with a satellite phone available 24/7 which can be used by guests at an additional cost.
Caring for the Environment:
We take impeccable care of the ocean by keeping a strict waste policy: nothing is thrown in the water, all our waste returns back to the shore, where it is properly being disposed. Additionally, the boat is cleaned with non-caustic detergents to keep the coral reef alive. The catamaran is also equipped with solar panels, to keep the carbon footprint minimal. The catamaran is specially designed for providing a high standard of comfort and at the same time to be environment friendly.
For safety reasons, consumption of alcohol is prohibited during sailing (Mauritius-St Brandon, St Brandon-Mauritius); otherwise s this will be considered responsibility of the guest. Alcohol such as beers and local wine are available during the cruise. Should you would like to bring your own favorite beverages, you can do so and there is no corkage fee.
Bed Linen and Towels Change:
The cabins will be cleaned twice a day and the bed linen will be replaced twice a day, towels are also available on-board and will be changed upon request.
We recommend spending 1 night in Mauritius for adaptation before the beginning of the trip to St. Brandon on-board the Luxury Catamaran.
For non Mauritians, it is required to provide a copy of their passport at least 35 days in advance prior the trip, providing enough time to issue all permits required for the St. Brandon trip
Since the lagoon of St. Brandon is home to stingrays and cone shells, it is very important to bring with you proper sea/water footwear.